BCU Bank Logo

Search www.bcu.com.au

Sole trader and partnerships

Member information guide

A sole trader is an individual operating a registered business. A sole trader may utilise their own personal Tax File Number to lodge any income tax returns and will require an ABN if they have a registered business name.

A partnership is a group or association of people who operate a business and distribute income or losses between themselves. A partnership has its own Tax File Number and must hold an ABN which they will use for their business dealings.

What do I need to open a membership for a sole trader or partnership?

To set up a membership and accounts for your sole trader or partnership, you will need to provide original or original certified copies (including certification form) of the following documents:


Prepare your documents

Of you are operating with a trading name or business name, we require a business extract issued by ASIC, dated within last 30 days. If you are not operating under a trading name, we will require a valid ABN.


Attend a branch

All business owners must attend a branch with the required documents and primary photo identification or return certified copies to: PO Box 1563, Coffs Harbour, NSW 2450.


Complete a request form

Complete and sign a non-personal membership application form and finalise your membership.

For more information get in touch with us in a way that suits you Contact us.